July 17, 2009

Monkey Rag Update

Ok, so Monkey Rag is going slower than I expected. But its still going, and that's what counts. Instead of starting at the beginning, I decided to tackle a small chunk from the middle, Sc. 12, which incorporates lip sync and walk cycles and "dance breaks." Since I find the technical aspects of syncing/organizing/calibrating animation the most grueling, I figured I should do this scene first and get it out of the way. Its disappointing that I've been working on this for so many months and this is all I have to show for it, but I can rationalize that since the scene is 11 seconds long, but with two characters, I could say that I've animated about 22 seconds. That calms my anxiety for the time being.

5 comments:

MB Thomas said...

It looks really good so far, Jo. I'm sure it's going leave a mark all around the net once it's completed.

Josh Taback said...

Pretty inspiring. I needed that this morning. Thanks!

Jeremy Graham said...

Is there a way to see a higher res version of this?

LLToon said...

I am totally in love with your Monkey Rag animation clip. I can't wait for you to show more of it :)

Matt Ornstein said...

Jo despite what you think, you are a machine! You blow me away. :)