May 17, 2010

Shuttle Launch


Since NASA is practically being shut down, Nate and I decided that it was important to see a shuttle launch while we still had the chance. So off we drove to the Space Coast for the weekend. We were unable to secure tickets from NASA, but luckily there are other places to see the launch, for free even! We weren't close enough to feel the pressure wave, but at least we got an unobstructed view of the launch pad from across the Indian River. I don't know quite how to describe to feeling of watching men go into space- I'm not even sure if my puny mind can really understand the meaning of it. It's just...brilliant. I only know that everyone needs to witness a launch first-hand, and there are only two more opportunities left.

2 comments:

EMLAR said...

Oh wow you were close enough to see it launch?! That's awesome! I live in NH, and I was excited just to see it go by in the sky. It went over at 8:30 I think. It looked like a big star and went pretty fast. I was in awe just seeing it like that - it must have been so cool to see the launch!

Oh, and I love your style of drawing. I forget how I found my way here originally, but I've been a fan for a while - just wanted say I think you're fabulous!

D: said...

I cried when i saw mine! It makes you feel big and small and hopeful all at the same time. There's nothing like it!