August 12, 2014

RIP Robin Williams

I'm normally not affected much by celebrity deaths, even if its a celebrity I like.  But Robin Williams's sudden passing really shook me.  He is probably the first actor I ever became aware of as a child, and I always loved him.  That he is a comic genius has been said, and it is true, but there was also something so real and endearing about him.  No matter what he did or was movie he was in, his appeal never faded.  The idea that this man who brought so much laughter into the world could have been suffering so much is unbearable to me.  So I had to ruminate on him for a little bit today.  Here's to all the Happy Thoughts that Robin Williams gave to us all.       

2 comments:

Ron said...

This pic is amazing. I remember him growing up too as one of the funniest people I'd ever seen. When he smiled, it made me smile. Thanks for sharing this with us. :)

Justine Haupt said...

This is a really beautiful tribute, thank you. Just recently found your blog, will stay tuned in.