August 11, 2014

Louise Loves Art Book Trailer

Hooray!  Last month I worked on a really neat project: a trailer for a delightful children's book called "Louise Loves Art", by Kelly Light.  I really loved the style of the characters (they have a very animated appeal), and did my best to stick to the original inking and coloring techniques Kelly used in the book.  Reality checks kept me from doing full animation, but I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out.  (In case anyone is interested, I animated on paper first, then inked and colored in Photoshop, then composited in After Effects.)

"Louise Loves Art" was also featured in USA Today, and author Kelly Light has some wonderful things to say about the genesis of the story and characters and the important of art in children's' lives.  Its a marvelous book and it deserves to be a hit.  I'm so happy to have been a part of it!  

2 comments:

Ward Jenkins said...

Perfect! Makes me happy.

Anonymous said...

Darling !